Dear Student, Faculty, and Staff,
In anticipation for the possible impact of Tropical Storm Nicole in the South Florida area, Millennia Atlantic University (MAU) is taking the following measures:
Millennia Atlantic University (MAU) will resume normal operations on Wednesday November 9, 2022, from 9am-2pm.
After 2pm, all on-campus classes will be held remote via Google Classroom
After 2pm, Staff and Faculty will be working remotely to assist you.
MAU will keep you posted regarding classes and operations for Thursday, November 10, 2022.
Should an emergency occur, the University will inform students, faculty, and staff of any changes in scheduling and/or cancellation of classes on our MAU Alerts
webpage and our social media accounts (Twitter
, and Facebook
To ensure everyone’s safety, it is important that our offices have your most recent and accurate personal contact information. Students may check their personal information in the MAU student portal
and if you need to update your personal information such as email or address, please contact our Student Services Department.
Faculty and staff should verify and update personal information through the Regis HR portal.
Due to the unpredictable nature of hurricanes and storms, we urge the MAU community to prepare a fully stocked three-day emergency supply kit. Guidelines on how to create an emergency supply kit can be found on Miami Dade’s 2022 Official Hurricane Readiness Guide
The essential items to include in an emergency kit are as follows:
- Water-one gallon of water per person per day for at least three days for drinking and sanitation.
- Food- at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food.
- Radios- battery-powered or hand crank radio and an NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert.
- Flashlights- one flashlight per person.
- Batteries- for at least three days.
- Fully charged portable electronic devices with charger
- First aid kit.
- Whistle to signal for help
- Moist towelettes, garbage bags, and plastic ties for personal sanitation.
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities.
- Hand Sanitizers.
- Can opener for food (if kit contains canned food).
- Local maps.
- Pet food and extra water for your pet.
- Important documents, identification, passport, insurance information.
Remember to be prepared and ready because it only takes one storm to disrupt or endanger our lives.
Dr. Aristides Maza Duerto